By Gloria Rangelova, ND
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) – 1-2 bottles. Organic is best for all ingredients!
- ½ cup horseradish – fresh, grated
- ½ cup ginger – fresh, grated or finely chopped
- ½ cup turmeric – fresh, grated or finely chopped
- 1-2 lemons – juice and zest
- 1-2 oranges – fresh squeezed juice
- 5 garlic cloves – crushed
- ¼ cup mint – fresh
- 1 onion – chopped finely
- ¼ cup rosemary – fresh
- ¼ cup thyme – fresh
- ¼ cup rosehips
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup raw honey or more to taste
- Use about 1oz per
Put all ingredients in the jar (except the honey) and fill with ACV. Make sure the vinegar covers everything, if things are sticking out they can start to mold. Use a plastic lid to close the jar or over top with a piece of parchment paper and close with a regular jar lid. Shake well.
Store in a dark place for 1 month, shaking the jar daily.
At the end of the month, strain the vinegar through a cheesecloth. Squeeze the cheesecloth to make sure you get all the juice from the pulp.
Add honey to taste. If your honey is solid, warm it up slightly before adding it to your vinegar to help it mix easier.
- 1 cup elderberries
- 1 oz dried astragalus
- ½ oz rosehips
- 6 cups water
- 5 cups raw honey
- Optional- cinnamon, star anise, ginger
- Simmer berries, astragalus and rosehips in the water for 45min or until syrup thickens.
- Strain out and allow to cool.
- Stir in the honey.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
- Use 1Tbsp daily. Increase dose to 2tsp 4-5x/day if symptoms start to arise. You can take it as a shot or use it on your food (pancakes, toast, etc)